I have noticed the rise in the number of brides that have decided to do their own make up for their wedding day. I know its what i do professionally but i wanted to point out that once your wedding day is over you have to live with the images forever. I never make anyone look like someone else. I only do a brides make up after a thorough consultation.
My guide is always to enhance what someone already has. If you normally wear very little make up i will make you look very natural but flawless. Your wedding day is special and you should look special too.
Things to consider?
- Does your normal make up last for 12 hours without retouching?
- Do you know how to contour the shape of your face?
- Can you make your lips even in shape and length?
- Does your foundation leave a stripe around your jawline?
- Can you lengthen you lashes using just mascara?
A make up artist will have the skills needed to avoid these things. The last thing you want to worry about on your wedding day is how your make up looks!
Some brides are very capable of doing their own make up and i’m not saying they shouldn’t. If you would like to do your own but need help then consider a make up lesson.
I would love to hear from you if you did your own make up and if you’re happy with the images! I would also like to hear from you if you regret doing your own make up!