You want to be looking your best for your wedding, and choosing the right make-up artist for the big day is crucial, to take the stress out of preparations and making sure you re pampered and looking beautiful. Here, are my top tips on how to choose the right make up artist for you.
Ask your make up artist the following questions:
- What brand of make up does the make up artist prefer to use?
- Do they have products to suit your own specific skin type?
- Will the make up artist travel to your home or hotel on the day of the wedding?
- Is it necessary to do a trial run of the wedding day make up?
- Would more than one trial session be preferable?
- How long does a trial session last?
- Will the make up artist purchase the chosen beauty products for the wedding day?
- Can they assure you that the make up will remain fresh all day?
- Could they do the make up of other members of the bridal party too, if required?
- Does the make up artist do hair styling as well?
- What time will the make up artist arrive on the wedding day?
- What is the detailed break down of the make up artist charges?
My Top Tips:
- Choose a make up artist who responds to your calls and who conducts themselves in a professional and reliable manner
- Make sure the make up artist you choose is insured.
- If possible choose someone who is local to the place you will prepare on your wedding day as this will keep travel costs down.
- Can the make up artist show you photos of former bridal clients so you can see how they project a bride individuality?
- This is one time in your life where quality is absolutely paramount, so remember that cheap products and services are likely to let you down as your make up will not be long lasting.
- Remember you still want to look like you on your wedding day, just an enhanced version of yourself.